CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Rockin' Photography Website...check it out...

www.thepioneerwoman.com
Thanks to my dear friend Erika, I have discovered tonight that embedded in her blog the most amazing and comical photography website written for people just like me with nice digital SLRs and only the photography skills from highschool photography & yearbook class. Nearly 20 years ago I could shoot manually in black and white film, independently develop my own negatives, and print and develop my own beautiful shots for the Bryan High Yearbook! Back then, I could navigate the control knobs for apeture and shutter speeds but now (there wasn't even an auto setting available on my Minolta SLR!), and after bringing 3 kids into this crazy world and keeping up with them daily, I've lost most of my photography knowledge and have been anxiously waiting to gain it all back! So, to my delight, I've been introduced to this fab website by Erika (kudos girl!-- the top blogger I know!) --and I just got kicked out of the bedroom for being on the laptop reading and keeping my husband away from deep sleep-- it is 1:30 am...
All while I've been soaking up all that I've discovered at www.thepioneerwoman.com and the generous help that she has to lend out there! Go take a look at her amazing pictures and funny commentary. So, for all my digital SLR friends out there that would love to know just a little more about their high end camera, this one's for YOU!! I hope to start feeling more comfortable shooting on manual again on my Canon 30D. Oh thank you Erika for this one... I owe you!
Now, I can tell you that I am putting Adobe Photoshop on my birthday and Christmas wishlists RIGHT now! I'll start loading up my piggy bank for this software... because the pricetag will cetainly break it, but oh the pictures I will take!
Good nite my friends.
Cheri

2 comments:

Erika said...

Glad to be of service. LOL

Now can I put a badge of my blog that says..."Erika...the top blogger I know!"? ha, ha, ha.

See you later girl.

The White House, etc.... said...

DUDE..... I will have to check that out!!! Hey- YOU are the top blogger I know!!!! Hows the house selling going? Do an OPEN HOUSE soon!!!! Balloons and the works... get people out there! xxoo, H