CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Booking Bands is tiring

I had such great intentions of keeping up with my blogging and realize that I've done a poor job... I guess that's because spring break came and went by in March and here we are admist tee-ball and softball season! Never would I have imagined being at the ballfields with the 7 and 4 year old on Saturdays.

Today I realized I needed to wrap up the volunteer responsibilities I have as neighborhood entertainment coordinator to meet my newsletter deadlines approaching. Sounds impressive eh? I think this is the 7th year I've booked band for our amphitheater and I still love every minute of it!! I admit that I am extremely exhausted and my head is still spinning from talking to agents and lead vocalists trying to knock out budgets, sound requirements, and schedules today. I've developed a higher appreciation for musicians out there that absolutely love the business they are in and the determination they have to be the next big thing. My hats go off to all you singer/songwriters!! Looks like Sienna will be enjoying a great alt-rock band this season and as well as two incredible Texas music artists on May 25th... and one of my favorite variety/rock bands on July 4th. While I'm at it, let me give you a sneak peek at the schedule- assuming I get all their contracts and offers off my desk tonight!

May 10th- Versecity www.myspace.com/versecity

May 25th- Mike Mancy & Granger Smith

www.myspace.com/mikemancy www.myspace.com/grangersmith

July 4th- BC& The Crisis

www.myspace.com/thecrisis

I can't believe that the best way for me to share with my friends the upcoming series is to send their myspace link. That myspace sure has opened doors and saved money for some of the best bands. I love it! Let's hear it again for the great musicians out there- you guys truly rock!

For my blogging friends out there-- come on down and enjoy a free concert in the Houston suburbs! And, if you have a band... I'm always looking for new talent.

Peace,

Cheri

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

A new post!!!

Talk to you tomorrow.