CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Toddler trouble & Disneyworld?

Nothing too exciting for today, other than the baby decided to climb in the bathtub for a bath tonight while Mommy & Daddy weren't looking... fully dressed in clothes, diapers and shoes. Leave it to the 4 year old to come a runnin' to tell us the bad news. I think I finally have her new sneaks dry and ready for school tomorrow.


So, with this kind of toddler trouble on my hands, would or should I take her with us on a family vacation to Disneyworld this summer? Hmmmm. It's a tricky subject, but would you do it? Would you leave her behind with family and friends for her to learn when she's in kindergarten that she was left behind because she was too little and have her wonder why Mommy didn't love her enough to bring along? And why isn't she in the hundreds of photos Mommy took while vacationing with Mickey? Or do I suck it up and take the little cutie and beg a family member or friend to please tag along and help be an extra set of hands. Let's see, she'll be exactly 2 years old in July and entering the terrible 2's, so she'll still need naps, diapers, and a stroller... sounds exhausting for the rest of the family. Sounds like potential trouble, but she'll fly for free and she's a free ticket for Disneyworld. Or do we leave her behind and make the most out of taking the 7 yr old and 4 yr old only? The last time I visited Mickey was 10 years ago and it was with my darling husband and of course, NO kids and dual incomes!


Send me your thoughts fellow bloggers...


Peace & love,

Cheri

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Cheri! How are you? I found your blog through Laurie's. Anyway, we were in the same situation last year. My son had just turned three and we could not decide to go with him so young or wait until next summer when he would get more out of it. We decided to wait and go this summer. It has been hard waiting all of this time to go, but I am glad we did. Now both of my kids are at good ages (no naps, no sippy cups, no diapers, the stuff that makes traveling with little ones more difficult) and I think that we will all have a much more enjoyable trip and get alot more out of it. Hope that helps!

Laurie said...

Okay, I think that we may have already talked about this sooo disregard if we did, -kay?

I absolutely would not leave her behind. Just my opinion, but I am big on the whole family staying together for family vacations. You think like me and I would be saying all the same things to myself about how she would feel later, when she is older seeing all of the pictures. Cause we know there will be a couple 100, right?

That said. I would go. We are going next month and ours are younger than yours. We are just planning for downtime. There are so many kid friendly things about traveling to the Disney. A new friend of mine gave me some tips, since we have been discussing our trip. Way to much to type, but good info you may not know about. Call me sometime this week. Let's talk!!

You know you have to go, I mean they are discontinuing the Disney album, so you need to get that started. By the way, I am gonna need one of those.